How to add an Email account to Outlook 2016?
As we know already that Verizon moved to AOL and from now onwards the Verizon customers will use the AOL server if they want to continue their email and other services. To change the server the Verizon customers are required to change the settings in their current emails they are required to follow the instructions which we are providing over here. If they face some error while following the instructions then they can reach out us on AOL customer support number +1-800-863-5563 to resolve their all technical issues where our technicians will assist them 24×7 online.
To send and receive user’s email in Outlook, the users will first need to add their email account to Outlook. The users can add one or more email accounts, including Office 365 accounts, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, or other third-party email accounts.
Note: AOL and Verizon customers should remember while changing the settings for PC and Mac. When checking their encryption settings, make sure they’re set to SSL, SSL/TLS, or Auto and not TLS only.
Outlook for PC and Outlook for Mac Mobile email
Add an email account quickly
The users can add many email accounts using Outlook’s automatic setup option. The users can use these instructions to add their first account or additional accounts.
Some email providers, like Gmail, Yahoo, and iCloud require from users to turn on two-factor authentication and set up an app password. An app password is a one-time-use password that the users enter instead of their email account password. Using an app password lets Gmail, Yahoo, and iCloud confirm that they’re the person accessing their email.
1. In first step the users are required to open Outlook and select File > Add Account.
NOTE: Outlook 2007 users should select Tools > Account Settings. On the Email tab, select New.
2. Now the users have to enter their email address, then select Connect. If they don’t see Connect or they are prompted for additional information, enter their name, email address, and password, then select Next.
3. If prompted, then users are required to enter their password again, then select OK, and Finish to start using Outlook.
NOTE: the users can use these steps to add their first account to Outlook or subsequent accounts.
Update email settings in Outlook for PC
Sometimes the users need to make a change to their email account settings. If they have a new password, if their email provider has asked them to change settings, or if they’re having problems with sending and receiving email, the users can change their email account settings in a few steps.
1. In the beginning the users are required to open Outlook and select File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. After that the users are required to select the email account they want to change, then select Change.
3. Now on the settings page, the users can update their incoming and outgoing server names, their email address, their name, their user name, and password. If they need to change their SSL settings or their port settings, select on More Settings.
4. After that the most common settings to update are on the Outgoing Server tab and the Advanced tab which users have to do.
- If the users are having problems sending email or are receiving messages about their outgoing server, the users have to make sure the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
- If the users need to update their incoming or outgoing server ports or SSL settings, use the Advanced tab.
NOTE: For AOL and Verizon customers: selecting SSL/TLS from the drop-down boxes under incoming and outgoing server encrypted connections will ensure you can still send and receive email after November 7, 2017.
5. When the users are done updating their settings, select on OK > Next > Finish.
As we have observed that the users can resolve their issues for the Verizon email settings for AOL server. The users are required to just follow the instructions as they are given above. If they face any problem while following the instructions then they have one more option to resolve the issue through AOL technical support number +1-800-863-5563 where they will be assisted by the skilled and qualified technicians to resolve the issue within a short span of time.