How to restore the AOL PFC?
AOL has an automatic system in which it restores the user’s PFC in AOL Desktop software in every four weeks. PFC is a short form of Personal Filing Cabinet. The users can use this backup copy for restoring the PFC. If the users couldn’t find the backup copy but they have their older copy of PFC on their system then it can be used to restore their PFC. We are describing the complete process of ‘how the users can restore PFC’ over here with all instructions and steps. The users are required to follow that instruction and their issues will be resolved. If they face any error while restoring the PFC through this process they can have another support from our third-party tech support system where our skilled and trained technicians will assist them through AOL customer care number +1-800-863-5563.
Solution for how the users can manually restore the PFC– in Windows 10/8
The complete process to manually restore user’s PFC in Windows 10/8:
1. The users have to close the AOL Desktop software which they recently installed.
2.1 for restoring PFC in Windows 10 the users have to click in the search box located in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Now they have to type in sinf and press the Enter key on their keyboard. If prompted by the User Account Control window, users have to click on Yes. The AOL System Information window will appear.
2.2 If the users are using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 then they have to press and hold down the Windows key. While they are holding down the Windows key they have to tap on the R key on their keyboard. Just after that a window named Run will appear on their screen. The users can now release the Windows key and type sinf in the given field and then click on OK. If prompted by the User Account Control window, click on the Yes. The AOL System Information window will appear.
IMPORTANT: If the AOL System Information window doesn’t appear, the users have to check the Windows taskbar for a flashing tab. If they can see a flashing tab, then click on it. The User Account Control window will then appear. Now the users have to click on Yes. The AOL System Information window will then appear.
3. Now the users have to click the AOL Software tab, and then they have to click on Open Data Folder.
4. Now in the next step the users are required to remember the folder that is highlighted on the left.
5. After the previous step the users are required to double-click on the C_AOL Desktop #.#x folder above the one that is highlighted in the image given above.
6. After that they have to double-click on the organize folder.
7. In the next step the users are required to Right-click the appropriate Username that has no extension after it, and then click on Copy and close the window.
8. Now we are towards the final steps where the users are required to open the AOL System Information window by running the sinf command as shown in step 2.
9. After performing the previous step users have to click on the AOL Software tab, and then click Open Data Folder.
10. Now in this step where the users are required todouble-click on the organize folder.
11. After that the users have to Right click in a clear area in the window and click Paste.
12. A window will be prompted and when it prompted, the users have to click on Replace the file in the destination.
13. Now the users have to close all open windows in the system.
14. Now we are on to the final step where the users are required to sign in to the AOL Desktop and check whether they can view their Address Book or PFC.
As we described the detail of the issue with the solution with complete process where the users can follow all those instructions to resolve the issues. If the users face any error while following the instruction they can contact our third-party support system where our skilled technicians will assist them in resolving the issues through AOL Email tech support number +1-800-863-5563.