How to troubleshoot Dell printers
Is your Dell printer not printing properly? Are you having troubles in scanning the images? Or there is an ink leak? Then you are surely reading the right blog. Here you will get to know about some troubleshooting steps to fix the common issues with your Dell printers. You can connect with Dell customer care number 1-877-576-7455 where the technicians will help you in resolving the issue or try to perform the steps given on this blog.
There is an issue with the printer not printing, error code occurrence, paper jams, cartridge refills, print spooler stuck and many other issues that the user comes across every time while using this company printers. With the help of following steps, you can resolve the issue on your part.
Troubleshooting Dell Printers
- Re-attach both the ends of cables going from the computer to the printer, check if there is any visible defect
- Turn the printer off and also restart the computer
- Unplug the printer power cord from the A/C outlet and wait for a while
- Plug the printer power cord back into the A/C outlet
- Now, turn on the printer
- Try to print a test page: Go to the search box, type devices, and printers, click on it, right click on
your printer, open the general tab and click on the print test page.
- Make sure that the desired printer is set as the default
- For the networked printers, see if the computer is on the network and printer portal settings and IP address are correct.
- Run the printer troubleshooter to diagnose and automatically correct any print spooler issues.
- Perform a system restore to a time when the printer is working
- If required, uninstall the printer driver, download and install the latest printer driver of the updated version.
These steps will eliminate most of the problems that you are facing with the Dell printers. You can get in touch with Dell customer support number that stays available online 24 hours of the day for the quick and timely resolution of the issue without any hassles.